Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Yoga Teacher Training ~ The Costa Rican Wildlife

There is something amazing about spending an extended amount of time in one of the most bio-diverse locations in the world.

Costa Rica was am absolute dream for this animal lover. We literally practiced amongst the monkeys and sloths everyday. Our yoga studio had a corrugated metal roof that the monkeys loved to throw things at. At first the loud bangs were jarring and distracting but eventually I didn't even notice them and was able to maintain my focus. Studying Sutras by the pool was often difficult as a result of loud parrots or monkeys playing overhead. It was perfection. 

One of my favorite animal interactions was with a sloth that was hanging directly over my head by the pool. I felt like I could reach out and touch him he was so close! Frogs were so calm that they let you hold them and we had to get used to them jumping onto us from time to time. The screams followed by laughter usually meant that there was a frog involved. 

The bugs were huge and there were a lot of them, but for the most part they left us alone if we left them alone. Golden orb spiders spun beautiful webs all throughout the leaves that would hold the dew from the daily rain. I loved every minute of it. 





















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment