Monday, April 20, 2015

Brass & Baubles ~ A Doe Quilt

Oh sweet sweet Doe fabric... how I love thee. 

I have a serious fabric problem. I buy too much of it, I can't stop reorganizing it, I have shelves full of it and I keep every single scrap... which allows me to create beautiful quilts like this. This quilt was made over one weekend using the scraps from my Amy Butler Weekender bag and solid white. I basted it quickly and backed it in my favorite Ikea print. Some straight line quilting in a mint green Glide thread brought the entire thing to life and I bound it in a beautiful deep blue solid. 

It may be one o my simpler quilts, but it is also one of my favorites. If you follow me on Instagram you got to see this as a work in progress. I have posted a few of those photos here as well. 

Finished Quilt Top


Basting
Quilted

Bound!






Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment