Friday, November 22, 2013

DIY ~ A Quilted Halloween Pillow

Better late than never right?

I have been trying to finish up a million unfinished projects over the last week. I have so many things on the go and nothing is actually complete and usable. I was getting frustrated so I decided to change that. The first projects I decided to finish were the two quilted Halloween pillows I had been working on. 

I started with the swoon block pattern from Thimble Blossoms and went from there. I don't have a walking foot or free motion foot for my machine yet so I can't get too crazy with the quilting. But I think that the straight line quilting actually really works for this pillow. It's also HUGE! This pillow is 24 inches squared and the pillow form (duck feather filled from Ikea) is actually 26 inches squared. This is so that the pillow is nice and full looking. I didn't want to fuss with a zipper so I did an envelope style cover and hand bound it. 

What do you think? I am contemplating selling them in our little shop (which we are still working on). Would you buy one?








Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment