Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Foodie Love ~ Salad Rolls and Stir Fry

I really love when you cook a meal that is all about the fresh vegetables.

This is one of those meals. Salad rolls are so simple and delicious. It seems like they would be really difficult to make but I promise they aren't. I wish I had taken a video of how I roll everything up into the rice paper....

The Necesities:
~ Carrots
~ Avocado
~ Leaf Lettuce
~ Cucumber
~ Steamed or boiled shrimp
~ Rice Vermicelli
~ Rice Paper
~ Water
~ David is a really picky eater so our rolls are pretty plain. If I had made them for myself I would have included fresh cilantro and green onions.

The Process:
~ Cut all vegetables into very thin matchsticks
~ Lay them out on a cutting board so that they are easy to grab as you go


~ Steam or boil your shrimp and set aside to cool completely


~ Boil the rice vermicelli noodles until they are soft
~ Drain and set aside


~ Submerge a piece of rice paper in water for about 5 seconds
~ Place on a cutting board and carefully layer your vegetables, rice noodles and shrimp


~ Carefully fold in ends and roll up


~ Serve with a side of peanut sauce or hoisin sauce



I decided to toss together a veggie stir fry to go with the salad rolls. I chopped up peppers, broccoli, carrots and snap peas and added them to a pan with a little bit of olive oil on medium-high heat. I then added about 1 cup of water and covered everything to let it steam.Then I add soy and teryaki sauce and toss in some crushed chilies and garlic. When the sauce thickens I add the noodles and let it all mix together and heat up. Yum!



Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment